- A natural, water-resistant, Zinc-based SPF 40 sunscreen
- We use natural clear Zinc in a topical cream, rubs in clear
- Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 24.96% w/w
- No chemical UV filters – Zinc provides broad spectrum protection
- For everyone and everywhere. Use on face & body, all ages and skin types
- Moisturising and gentle enough to reapply throughout the day as required
We wish making a good sunscreen using only Zinc as the active was as easy as putting Zinc into a moisturiser; but it’s not. Developing a sunscreen with broad-spectrum sun protection using only Zinc, without being too greasy is very complicated. The cream needs to be stable, provide a good reflective film, be naturally preserved etc. All of these things took us 4 years of work to achieve. But it was worth it, because we were able to make something we’re proud of and happy to use on ourselves, our family and our loved ones.
We use Zinc because it’s naturally derived, even if it makes the cream a bit thicker and a little harder to apply. Zinc Oxide acts like a reflective umbrella on the skin, reflecting UV rays away. It’s also suitable for all ages, from babies to adults, and even newborns. And also all skin types, even for the most sensitive.
Our sunscreen suits people that are sensitive to sunscreen with UV filters, and want a Zinc-based sunscreen that is not greasy. It’s also for people who like to know what’s in their sunscreen.
For our Sunscreen, we did an SPF testing performed for this product, as well as Broad Spectrum testing. We also did a voluntary follow-up test on a 18-month-old batch, and preliminary waterproof testing – while the test results are 40 mins waterproof, we recommend always reapplying any sunscreen after swimming as the mechanical action of swimming and drying can remove sunscreen.